Go E-Bike is a shared bike rental scheme providing access to a fleet of electric and conventional bikes from fixed bases across the Town and Eden Campus. It is operated by App-Bike on behalf of the University of St Andrews and funding from Sestrans.
The scheme is initially aimed at providing University staff with access to a shared bike scheme for within work journeys and commuting. Staff members are asked to attend a 1 hour training session before registering with the Go E-Bike Operator, App Bike (https://www.app-bike.co.uk). They can then access the bikes using an App on their smart phone. A smart phone is required to use this scheme.
Initially there are 4 Go E-bike stations to pick-up and return bikes from: Eden Campus Park and Pedal, Gateway Building, Woodburn (East Sands) and College Gate. Once hired staff are able to take bikes anywhere for up to 24 hours without charge. The hire stops when you return the bike to its base and close the hire on the phone App
Cost: Our Go E-bike scheme is currently Free to staff for the first 24hours of use. After this period you will be charged £2 per hour up to a maximum of £17.50 per day.
How: To give you the best experience we would like to make sure all our cyclists are competent and confident cyclists by providing a one hour training session on our bikes. Just sign up to a 1 hour course by signing up on the PDMS system. The course will cover basic bike handling, road skills and use of the e-bikes.
What to do now:
- Register for a GO e-Bike induction on PDMS
- Attend the 1 hour induction
- Download the FREE App-Bike app from the Apple or Android Stores
- Select Corporate Rate payment option in the app.
- To book: Select University of St Andrews and touch the location pin icon to see available bikes at each store
- Touch the bike icon to rent or reserve a bike
- Scan the QR code on the bike to start renting
- Return to base when finished. Log bike back
Terms and conditions for use can be found on the app-bike website https://www.app-bike.co.uk/terms-conditions/
The Member must report accidents, problems or damage to the App-Bike via www.app-bike.co.uk
Go E-bike (PDF, 365 KB)