New and Incoming Undergraduates
Welcome to the School of English. These pages offer information for students newly joining the University to study English. They are divided into five sections:
- Welcome from the School President: a message from Paddy Cavanagh, the School’s student President.
- Staff-Student Consultative Committee (PDF, 3,236 KB)
- Before arriving: things to do and to read before arriving in St Andrews.
- MA Honours in English: this section explains the structure of the degree in English.
- EN1003 reading list (PDF, 30 KB): the reading list for your first module as a student at the School of English - EN1003, ‘Culture and Conflict: an Introduction to Nineteenth- and Twentieth-Century Literature’.
- Orientation week: events and activities on your arrival at St Andrews.
Online subject talk
This online subject talk provides information on the structure and rationale of the English degree at St Andrews.