Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
The TEFL course introduces students to the principles of teaching English as a foreign language, as well as key practical tools and strategies used in the classroom.
The course is ideal for motivated native or fluent speakers of English who plan to take an integrated year abroad as part of their studies and who will be working as language assistants within an English language setting. Professionals wishing to obtain a higher level TEFL qualification who are keen to know more about the profession, are also welcome to apply.
Students on the TEFL course will learn how to:
- teach young learners and adults
- utilise key practical tools and strategies to teach English
- teach speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- prepare lesson plans and materials to deliver an effective lesson
- create a communicative and well-ordered classroom
- provide feedback including error correction.
Dates for courses in 2020 will appear here in January 2020.
Fee information for courses in 2020 will appear here in January 2020.
Do I need to have studied this subject before?
No, there are no specific academic requirements for entry. However, you must be a native or fluent English speaker.
There is no formal accreditaton for the course, although successful participants will receive a certificate of attendance.