English Language Teaching
English Language Teaching at the University of St Andrews provides high quality foundation, pre-sessional and in-sessional programmes for international students. We will give you an excellent orientation to the university life through language and cultural development.
Students who have successfully completed our courses and programmes have guaranteed progression and a smooth transition into the University as undergraduates or postgraduates.
Our programmes combine academic skills, English language and subject-specific learning to prepare you for success at university.
- The Centre for International Foundation Programmes (including Pre-Masters)
- Pre-sessional courses in English for Academic Purposes
- In-sessional English Language Service (IELS)
- Undergraduate modules in English as a Foreign Language, Academic English and Linguistics
- Short courses in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Summer Schools