Areas of Greatest Need
This Fund supports high priority projects each year to ensure we respond rapidly to changing needs and so enhance student experience as well as the wider St Andrews local and global community.
Previous examples include:
- Biological Scientific Research Complex - an interdisciplinary centre where world-leading Biomedical Research is taking place at the interface of biology, chemistry, physics and medicine.
- The Scottish Oceans Institute - the multidisciplinary marine research at St Andrews is world-renowned and attracts experts in the marine environment.
- Scholarships - Wardlaw Scholarships (undergraduate) and Postgraduate Scholarships through the Europaeum Scholars Programme – this is designed for PhD students in Humanities and Social Science.
- Saints Sport – the redevelopment of the Sports Centre – this has enabled sport to be at the heart of the University and of the local community.
- The Laidlaw Music Centre - our new purpose-built music centre provides an exceptional space and opportunities for students and the community to learn, study and perform.
Thank you for your support.