Manzoor G K Ishani, MA 1972
This book of 600 ages, sets out a step by step (39 steps in all) guide to setting up and operating a franchise business.
- The difference between a business format franchise and a distributorship, agency and other forms of intellectual licencing.
- The Advantages and disadvantages of franchising Developing the concept and organisation Ethical franchising
- Testing the system – proving it works
- Protecting intellectual property
- Know how - show how
- Financial aspects including sources of income and how much to charge
- Selecting franchisees
- The pitfalls of exclusive territories and minimum performance targets
- Managing and controlling a franchise network
- The nuts and bolts of a franchise agreement
- Contract enforcement
- Resolving disputes with franchisees
- Multi-unit holders of the same franchise
- Co-branding operations
- A successful franchisor’s dilemma
- The problems of Regional Master Franchising
- Going international
- What happens if a franchisor fails
- Franchise regulation
- Sample franchise agreements
Abstract of a review by Business Money magazine: “It is wit and wisdom allied to the sound advice that always comes from seasoned practitioners, that makes Franchising such a great read.
The main content is comprehensive yet digestible; learned yet explanatory; academic in its scholarship yet pragmatic in its application.”
The book includes a foreword by Sir Bernard Ingham (former: Non- executive Director of McDonald’s UK and President of The British Franchise Association)
Contact : email@example.com for more information.
ISBN: 978-1911589716 Publisher: The Choir Press