Ian Wedgwood, B.Sc. 1990, Ph.D. 1994
Lean Sigma, widely proven in other industries, can offer even greater value in healthcare. In this guide, Ian Wedgwood walks you through all leadership aspects associated with planning, executing, sustaining, or reinvigorating Lean Sigma in your hospital, system, or clinic. Drawing on his extensive experience helping healthcare organizations improve, Wedgwood explains Lean Sigma without “stat speak.”
Focusing on care providers’ unique challenges, he offers a practical roadmap for making Lean or Six Sigma work. He demonstrates it through real case studies, illuminating key facets of change that are too often ignored.
- How failure points in conventional change methods prevent performance improvement
- Lean Sigma’s structured change approach: why infrastructure and sequencing matter so much
- Integrating Lean Sigma with strategy and operations
- Elevating individual process performance
- Launching a Lean Sigma program or revitalizing a stalled initiative
- Learning from experience, and increasing program maturity
Whatever your Lean Sigma leadership role–from patient-facing staff to senior executive to performance improvement specialist–this guide gives you an indispensable foundation for success.