The Chaplaincy Prize
This new prize has been established through the generous donation of monies received through the University of St Andrews American Foundation. This prize, awarded each year, will be open to all current students and based around a particular theme for an original piece of creative work or essay, submitted in word or PDF format.
The theme for the 2020/21 award will be ‘The Environment’.
What we are looking for is one of the following:
- An essay (750 words maximum)
- A piece of poetry, hymn or a short story
- A focussed/practical project, which is documented and reported (750 words maximum).
- an environmental theme which shows a passion for, or connection to, the environment
- a faith/spiritual element or show spiritual growth/change.
It can be a short report or piece of written work on something you have already been working on during your studies or over the summer break.
Prize award: £250
The winner will be decided by a committee formed from our team of Honorary Chaplains, convened by the Chaplain, who will assess applications and choose a prize-winner.
Closing date: Entries must be received by 5pm on Friday 29 January 2021.