Competitions are a great way of gaining experience for your CV and can also provide the opportunity to earn extra cash.
Check this page regularly to see what's new.
Fresh Ideas is Scotland’s longest running national student enterprise competition for ideas at an early stage. The competition is designed exclusively for students and recent graduates of all subjects.
If you have an idea, then Fresh Ideas is for you. From October to January every month you’ll have the chance to win a cash prize to help you develop your idea into a real business venture.
The winners and highly commended entries from each month can enter the next stage of the competition, where they can win one of the top prizes.
The Converge Challenge Kickstart Programme is aimed at early stage projects and is open for applications.
By participating in the programme, you will receive individually tailored advice and funding to support the first steps of your entrepreneurial journey. Our Kickstart programme will equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to develop your idea and get it "market ready".
Closing date 22 November 2018
- The World’s Challenge Challenge is a global initiative of Western University
- The competition helps students develop their academic, oral presentation, and entrepreneurial skills, all while encouraging them to take action on global issues and challenges.
- Teams of three students are invited to present innovative solutions to some of the world’s most complex issues.
- The World’s Challenge Challenge is an opportunity to bring together individuals with a broad worldview, seeking to study, influence and lead in the international community and to create global citizens who think creatively and critically, about significant issues that affect us all.
- Winning teams from each partner university will be invited to the World’s Challenge Challenge Global Final at Western University in London, Canada to compete for a grand prize of $30,000 to help further develop their proposed solution and support implementation.
- Global final: June 2-7, 2019
The Smarter Future Programme supports young entrepreneurs with smart and innovative ideas that meet the energy and resource needs of a fast-growing population. The programme awards a start-up grant of £5,000 each month to one 16-30 year old entrepreneur with an idea that addresses sustainable living challenges through smart innovation. In addition to the funding, winners are also invited to take part in exclusive Shell events and workshops.
ShowCode is a cutting-edge competitive coding platform that aims to enhance the employability of STEM students that have an interest in coding.
UniCode 2019 is the next competition that is specifically designed, and only for students in full time academia. The overall prize fund has increased to £10,000 this year with the winner walking away with £2,500!
GSA Capital trades quantitative investment strategies across asset classes, geographies and timescales and has offices in London and New York.
Register to take part in the GSA Spark 2018 coding competition. Students who enjoy programming and problem solving will get the opportunity to win cash prizes.
The Hiscox University Challenge is a national competition for students to develop creative solutions for tackling the challenges the insurance industry faces every day.
- The winner will receive £1,000 for their university society or group
- Fast-tracked entry to the Hiscox graduate assessment centre
- The opportunity to pitch ideas to Hiscox executives, innovators and industry leaders
- Access to professional training including leadership skills and presentation techniques
And much more!
Closing date: 14 December 2018