NEXT Canada, a national non-profit supporting high potential entrepreneurs is now accepting applications for the 2018 cohort of NextAI, a Toronto-based accelerator focused on commercializing research and launching AI-enabled startups.
NextAI joins Next 36 and Next Founders as the third NEXT Canada program for high potential entrepreneurs and innovators. They will select high potential individuals and teams from around the world looking to launch AI-enabled businesses. NextAI will provide seed capital, expert advice, and the latest AI tools that program participants will need to launch AI solutions in growing technology markets around the world.
NextAI runs annually from late January to September, recruiting up to 20 teams from post doctorate, graduate and undergraduate programs, as well as industry professionals. NextAI launched with founding corporate partners that include BDC Capital, Magna, RBC and Scotiabank. Participants will have access to tools, platforms and experts from tech giants including IBM, NVIDIA, Google, Microsoft and more.
NextAI offers a unique combination of resources to program participants, including:
- Funding. Up to $200K per venture. 50K upon commencement of program in February 2018.
- Founder Development. In-depth business and technical education taught by award-winning global faculty and subject matter experts. A curriculum focused on AI technologies and business foundation skills.
- Access to Leading AI Technologies and Tools. Unique access to platforms and people at tech giants including IBM, NVIDIA, Google, Amazon and more.
- Work with Top Research Scientists and Corporate Mentors. Insight into major corporate challenges and access to unique data sets and domain expertise.
- Office Space in an AI-focused Hub. Cutting edge workspace in downtown Toronto, surrounded by a critical mass of AI innovators, service providers and investors.
- Support for international applicants. Through NEXT Canada, NextAI is a designated entity under the Start-up Visa Program.
Application details. All applicants must apply individually as either a technical or business stream applicant. Team formation and application must be completed by December 3rd. Each team must have a minimum of one technical founder.
Closing Date : 12 November 2017