Equality, diversity and inclusion
The Careers Centre is committed to celebrating and supporting all facets of students’ and graduates’ identities, and we understand that career exploration and advancement are often influenced by someone’s identities and background.
Through education, collaboration, and resource sharing, we provide an equitable and inclusive environment where students and recent graduates are empowered to design a career that is meaningful and relevant to them, and to find employment in a welcoming, inclusive, and respectful environment.
The Employability Bursary financially supports eligible University of St Andrews students to complete work-related activity. The bursary can be used towards accommodation for internships, professional clothing, development courses, travel expenses, and volunteering.
Identity-based career resources
The following resources provide direction on searching for employment opportunities, information on connecting with others based on shared identities, interests, or needs, and links to intentionally designed skill development and training opportunities.
- Inclusive Companies’ Top 50 Inclusive Employers List
- DiversityLink – The Community for Equality and Diversity in the UK
- Sponsors for Educational Opportunity-London (SEO-London) Job Board: designed for students from ethnic minority or low socioeconomic backgrounds.
- VERCIDA: for job and internship seekers looking to work for employers that prioritise diversity, inclusion, and well-being.
- UpReach Social Mobility Programmes: helps disadvantaged students from across the UK realise their potential by investing in pioneering technology to facilitate, deliver, and evaluate highly personalised programmes of support.
- Rare Recruitment: leaders in diverse graduate recruitment
- The Windsor Fellowship: designs and delivers innovative personal development and leadership programmes for diverse communities.
- Runneth Returnships – short-term internships for those re-entering the workforce after a career break (returnships).
- Assessing an employer’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion