GRADskills Innovation Grant and Postgraduate Conference Fund
The final submission deadline is 11th March 2019. Please note this fund will not be in operation next academic year.
Applications are invited from research postgraduate students and staff at the University of St Andrews for funding to support either:
- Innovative projects to develop transferable skills training resources or activities for PGRs not already available through the GRADskills programme.
- Organising a research postgraduate student conference.
The submission deadlines for academic year 2018-19 are:
- 17th September 2018 by 5pm
- 12th November 2018 by 5pm
- 11th March 2019 by 5pm
The GRADskills Innovation Grant and Postgraduate Conference Fund are a means by which research postgraduate students are encouraged to think more creatively about ways in which their transferable skills development can be facilitated through the GRADskills Programme.
- Matched funding of up to £1,000 is available to support postgraduate conferences.
- Funding up to £2,000 is available for Innovation Grant projects.
How to apply
Applications for both innovative projects and postgraduate conferences will be considered three times in the year by a Judging Panel and the applicants will be notified of the decision approximately one month after the submission date.
- Read the Guidance Notes and then download and complete the GRADskills Innovation Grant & Postgraduate Conference Fund Project outline (Word, 32 KB).
- The lead applicant for both staff and student applications submits the proposal and is responsible for writing and submitting the final report.
- If you are a staff member, email the completed Project outline to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a research postgraduate student, the lead applicant should Log into the University’s MySaint portal.
- Select the “My applications” tab in the blue menu bar near the top of the page, on the new page find the box headed "e:Vision applications" then click the header Scholarships and funding. A list of new links will appear: click "View the scholarships and funding catalogue". On the next screen, from the "Award type" dropdown menu select "Projects and initiatives", then select GRADskills Innovation Grant and Postgraduate Conference Fund.
- Complete the questions on the online form, and then upload your completed project outline.
- You must demonstrate you have the approval of your supervisor(s) and Head(s) of School by uploading an approval email from your authoriser. An email approval template can be found at email approval template for CAPOD funding (Word, 11 KB)
- Submit the online form with the uploaded project outline and approval email.
See Submission outcomes for information on what happens when an application is awarded a grant. You may find it helpful to browse the Final project reports page to get an idea of what has been funded previously in order to develop your ideas and project content, and to benefit from the experience and advice of previous grant recipients.
Applicants may also find the following GRADskills workshops of particular interest. Please note: courses only go live for booking in PDMS one month before they are due to run.
* Conference planning for postgraduates (length 3hrs.)
* Fundraising for Postgraduates (length 2hrs.)
If you have any questions, please contact Dr Heather McKiggan-Fee via the CAPOD Office: email@example.com