The University of St Andrews Careers Centre works with students and graduates to help them make decisions about their careers and improve their employability. Staff at the Careers Centre build strong relationships with employers and alumni in order to increase the number and quality of internships, other work experience opportunities, graduate vacancies and employer events for St Andrews students.
Services provided by the Careers Centre
The Careers Centre offers support to students in four main areas:
- advice regarding potential career paths and employability, available in person, via the Careers Centre website, on social media and through email
- listings and advertisements for graduate roles, internships, part-time jobs and work-shadowing
- events led by both careers advisers and employers, held in St Andrews and further afield
- resources to ensure that St Andrews students stand out, including an alumni network, information regarding specific and growing career paths, and a range of books, journals and case studies.
Working with the Careers Centre
Employers looking to recruit St Andrews students and graduates have a range of ways to raise their profile on campus and connect with the student body in partnership with the Careers Centre. These include:
- advertising vacancies for graduate opportunities, internships and part-time jobs free of charge online
- connecting with students to raise the awareness of your organisation and meet recruitment targets
- organising recruitment events in St Andrews, including careers fairs, workshops and presentations
- virtual events for employers who are unable to visit St Andrews
- three annual careers fairs: Law Fair, general Careers Fair, and Science and Technology Careers Fair
- support for international employers, including information on understanding the St Andrews degree classification
- targeted communications and networking events for specific groups of students
- support in accessing and connecting with St Andrews alumni around the world.
For more information about working with the University of St Andrews Careers Centre, please contact Pamela Small, employer liaison coordinator, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +44 (0)1334 46 2688. More information can also be found on the employers section of the Careers Centre website.