Independent postdoctoral fellowship opportunities
The School of Art History offers a supportive and collaborative environment for early career scholars to develop their research careers. A prestigious independent fellowship offers scholars the chance to develop their research profile and become a research leader.
If you are interested in any of these schemes, the first step is to contact a potential mentor at St Andrews (see our staff list), and seek their support of your application. Your mentor will then be able to guide you through the process of securing the necessary ‘letter of support’ or ‘invitation letter’ from the School in conjunction with the Director of Research.
Queries and applications can be directed to the Director of Research by emailing email@example.com
For certain schemes, there is an internal selection process either within the School of Art History, or within the School and the University. Information about deadlines for those schemes is below.
When assessing your expression of interest for support, the School considers:
- your track record
- the research that you propose to carry out and where that fits within the School strategy
- your career stage, experience and why you would benefit from this fellowship at this stage in your career.
The School was awarded an Athena SWAN Bronze Award in October 2019 and seeks to promote the fair treatment of all staff and students irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, belief, disability, pregnancy and maternity or relationship status.
- Leverhulme Trust early career fellowships: our provisional internal deadline for preliminary applications is 4pm on 16 November 2022. Applicants should submit a draft of their Leverhulme application form to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the sections listed on the Leverhulme Trust early career fellowships applications page.
- British Academy postdoctoral fellowships: Interested candidates should contact a prospective mentor and the Director of Research email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie independent fellowships: Interested candidates should contact a prospective mentor and the Director of Research firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.