The Department of Social Anthropology enjoys a strong and supportive student-staff culture, and consistently receives the highest possible ratings of satisfaction amongst students in course evaluations and in student satisfaction polls. In the 2016 National Student Survey of Teaching we achieved 98% overall satisfaction with our degree course, the Times Guide of Higher Education 2017 ranked us 4th in the UK for anthropology and named St Andrews University of the Year for Teaching Quality. At St Andrews you will be taught by academics who are at the cutting edge of their discipline, ensuring the opportunity to engage with the best and latest ideas and material to research and evaluate.
Please look at the Social Anthropology MA pages to see the single and wide range of joint honours on offer.
Strengths of our undergraduate degree:
- High standards of teaching by academics who are passionate about what they do
- Students develop excellent communicative, analytical and other transferable skills
- A flexible degree structure that allows for individual specialisation
- Comprehensive and in-depth modules
- Teaching in small groups which assures close attention and individual support
- Attractive social, cultural and intellectually stimulating environment
- Excellent specialist library resources and study spaces