Skip navigation to content

Student accommodation insurance


The University has a block insurance policy for students' possessions while they are in the Residence (room only) and while their possessions are in storage in the Residence during vacation periods.  Policy provider is  The University provides no advice or administrative services relating to the contract of insurance and for all matters relevant to the insurance policy, you should contact (contact details below) 

The University of St Andrews are working in partnership with to provide you with some contents insurance. It is important for you to check this cover, so please follow the steps below to ensure you fully understand the protection provided.


Visit the review cover link to: 

  • Check what is covered.
  • Chat to our experts through Live Web Chat. 
  • Check how to make a claim.
  • Extend and personalise your cover.

It is important to find out exactly what you are covered for as you may find that you require additional cover to protect all your possessions both inside and outside of your room.