Pro Dean Taught Postgraduate
The Pro Dean Taught Postgraduate is responsible for taught postgraduate learning and teaching matters.
- Overseeing taught postgraduate curriculum design and approval across the Faculties on behalf of the Deans.
- Advice and policy or regulatory development on all taught postgraduate matters including academic progression and termination of studies.
- Convenor of University-Led Reviews of Learning and Teaching for taught postgraduate collaborative programmes.
- Academic lead for taught postgraduate student induction.
- Academic lead for the taught postgraduate student experience.
- Resolution of serious student matters related to changes of circumstances: change of registration, deferrals beyond the reporting deadline and termination of studies.
Professor Sibylle Scheipers
The current Pro Dean Taught Postgraduate is Professor Sibylle Scheipers.
Professor Sibylle Scheipers is a Senior Lecturer in the School of International Relations. She has published widely in the area of strategic studies, specifically on the law of armed conflict, prisoners in war, irregular fighters, and the relevance of small wars in the thought of Carl von Clausewitz. She was the inaugural director of the Institute for the Study of War and Strategy at the University of St Andrews and was the driving force behind the establishment of the MLitt programme in Strategic Studies.