Pro Dean Research Postgraduate
The Pro Dean Research Postgraduate is responsible for research postgraduate learning and teaching matters.
- Overseeing research postgraduate curriculum design and approval across all Faculties on behalf of the Deans.
- Advice and policy or regulatory development on all research postgraduate matters including academic progression, progress review and termination of studies.
- Academic lead for research postgraduate student induction.
- Support for collaborative doctoral training schemes.
- The research postgraduate student experience.
- Consider serious student matters related to changes of circumstances.
- Module Board Convenor for ID4001, ‘Communication and Teaching in Science’.
Professor Sibylle Scheipers
The current Pro Dean Research Postgraduate is Professor Sibylle Scheipers.
Professor Sibylle Scheipers is a Senior Lecturer in the School of International Relations. She has published widely in the area of strategic studies, specifically on the law of armed conflict, prisoners in war, irregular fighters, and the relevance of small wars in the thought of Carl von Clausewitz. She was the inaugural director of the Institute for the Study of War and Strategy at the University of St Andrews and was the driving force behind the establishment of the MLitt programme in Strategic Studies.