If you have any problems getting around and using this website then hopefully this is the place to look. This page will give details on navigating the pages, the specifications needed to use this website and other such things. If there are still any problems then email the centre at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click the Back Button to return to the CSEAR Homepage.
Navigating the website
This may be confusing at first, but as you get the hang of it life becomes a very rosy place. First thing to get used to is the "Navigation Bar" (which is shown here).
When you enter a section of the website the Navigation Bar appears with a list of each of the sub-sections, under the section heading, which appears in bold text and is highlighted by a horizontal gradient background. The section logo appears at the top of the navigation bar, above the section heading.
To go to any of the sub-sections, simply click on the sub-section's title. You can do this at any time.When you have done so a blue 'zig-zag' border appears next to the title. To go to a different sub-section click another sub-section title.
The blue 'zig-zag' border always points at the section or sub-section page you are currently on.
To return to the start of a section or sub-section simply click the appropiate link.
To return to the Home Page click on the CSEAR logo, in the top left corner of the webpage.
Through out the website there is material that is avaliable for download. All of it requires Office to view it, i.e. Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. If you have a more recent Browser and copies of these programs, then in some situations when you click to download these files they will be brought up instead in the browser window! Do not worry as by simply going to File>Save As then you can save the file locally on your computer.
Changing Resolution for P.C. Users (Windows)
This site can be viewed at any resolution. If you would like to view pages at (for example) 800x600 resolution, please follow these instructions.
- To begin; minimise (or close) all the current windows that you have open.
- With the desktop in view, 'right click' (press the right most mouse button) on any section of the desktop (somewhere without an icon in the way). On the menu that appears click on "Properties".
- Once in the "Display Properties" Dialogue Box, click on the "Settings" tab (usually at the top right).
- Where it reads "Screen area" pull the slider so it reads "800 by 600 pixels" or any numbers greater (depending on how small you like Windows graphics to be) .
- Finish by clicking on "OK" and return to the web page.
2 3 4
Changing Text-size (Internet Explorer)
Occasionally you may find that the text on the CSEAR pages doesn't display as you expected.
'medium' (or 'normal') is the default text-size that a browser should be using to look at a page. A dot or tick next to 'medium' will show that it is the text-size in use. If any of the other options are used instead, the dot will appear next that option.
To check what text size your browser is using to view the page (in internet explorer) and change it back to medium:
- choose 'View' from the horizontal menu bar at the top of your browser window
- move down this menu to highlight 'Text-size'
- from the list that appears, select 'medium'.
We always recommend upgrading to the latest version of your preferred browser. To get the most recent versions, please click the appropiate link below.