Postgraduate visiting days
There are plenty of opportunities to visit the University of St Andrews. We hold visiting days throughout the year to offer prospective postgraduate students a chance to experience the University's unique atmosphere and see for themselves the quality of the teaching on offer.
A typical visiting day will offer you the chance to:
- Meet the postgraduate recruitment team and postgraduate ambassadors, who will talk you through your itinerary for the day.
- Enjoy a walking tour of St Andrews, guided by a postgraduate ambassador, who will give you an insight into student life, traditions, and the University's history.
- Hear a welcome talk covering topics including the University's population demographics, student accommodation, student welfare and support, and sport and recreation. You will also be given the opportunity to ask questions about your application and study.
- Make a visit to the department you wish to study in and meet with an academic from your chosen field. Though we do our best to arrange this, it is not always possible.
- Attend a drop-in session in the Students' Association, Chaplaincy and the Sports Centre.
- Wednesday 12 November 2014
Every year, two visiting days are held specifically for prospective postgraduate students. These visiting days are open to applicants interested in both taught and research study. We are currently accepting bookings for an Autumn visiting day on Wednesday 12 November 2014.
To attend a Visiting Day, you should book a place. You can book using the form below. This should be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postgraduate visiting day booking form (Word, 110 KB)
You should wait for confirmation of your booking before making travel arrangements. If you have problems completing the online form or you need to cancel or alter your booking for any reason, please email email@example.com or phone +44 (0)1334 46 3325.
We strongly recommend that prospective students attend one of our scheduled visiting days. However, if you are unable to make the dates listed, then you are welcome to make an individual visit on a day that suits you, from Monday to Friday, beginning from 10am. Find out what to expect on an individual visit.
To book an individual visit, complete the form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual visit booking form (Word, 109 KB)
You should wait for confirmation of your booking before making travel arrangements. Please note that we require at least two weeks’ notice in advance of your visit in order to arrange an itinerary for you. A visit to your prospective School or Department may not be possible at short notice, and a visit to University accommodation buildings will not be possible during individual visits.