What is the Data Warehouse?
The Data Warehouse is a system designed primarily for querying central administrative data such as student record, research, and finance data, etc. It will be available to anyone in the University who is required to use it. You can find out more about how to access it here.
These are the services currently available:
- Admissions: Admissions Officer reports.
- Advising: Facility for module choices: relevant only during Pre-advising, Advising and Re-advising.
- Reporting: General project details with budgets awarded and expenditure; departmental salary reports.
- Student records: Academic records for individual students, lists of students.
- TRAC: Transparent Approach to Costing.
If you are having problems accessing the Data Warehouse, you can find advice here. If you find a bug in one of the Data Warehouse services, please report it to the IT Service Desk.
Use of the Data Warehouse
Access to personal data in the Data Warehouse is authorised only on a 'need-to-know' basis. The data may only be used for the legitimate purposes of the University and in accordance with the Data Protection Policy (PDF, 41 KB).