Music as part of your degree
The School of Philosophy, Anthropology and Film Studies offers ten music modules that can be taken as part of any degree in any faculty or discipline with the agreement of Academic Advisers of Study. Enrolment for these modules takes place during the first week of each semester.
The modules offered are as follows:
- MU1003: Understanding Music (first semester)
- MU1004: Making Music (second semester)
- MU1005: Reading Opera: texts, libretti and music from Purcell to Stravinsky (second semester)
- MU1013: Understanding Music for Beginners (first semester)
- MU1901: Understanding Music for Beginners (Evening Degree Programme) (first semester)
- MU2001: Advanced Performance (year long module)
- MU2002: Scottish Music (second semester)
- MU2004: Electronic Music (first semester)
- MU2003: Bagpipes: History, Repertoire and Performance (first and second semester)
- MU3001: Concert Performance (second semester)
Lecture, workshops and tutorials are conducted by highly qualified academic staff.
If you have any queries about music modules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org