Dr Michael Brown
Professor Michael Brown
MA, PhD, FRHists
E-mail - email@example.com
Telephone - +44 (0)1334 462899
Fax - +44 (0)1334 462914
Teaching and Research Interests
Principal interests centre on the political society of Scotland c.1250-c.1500 and on the relationships between the various communities of the British Isles during the same period. Published studies of the practice and ideology of royal and aristocratic lordship in Scotland.
- James I, (Edinburgh, 1994) [Details]
- The Black Douglases, War and Lordship in Late Medieval Scotland, (East Linton, 1998) [Details]
- The Wars of Scotland 1214-1371, (Edinburgh University Press, May 2004) [Details]
- Bannockburn: The Scottish War and the British Isles, 1307-1323 (Edinburgh, 2008)
- Disunited Kingdoms: Peoples and Politics in the British Isles 1280-1460 (London, 2013).
- Alastair Ayton, title tbc
Participates in the teaching and lecturing on ME1006 and offers the following Honours courses:
Participates in the teaching of the following Postgraduate courses: