Careers Fairs are an important aspect of the University calendar. They are popular with finalists and postgraduate students exploring graduate opportunities, and with earlier year students considering their options and seeking internships.
We have three Fairs to suit your recruitment needs:
LAW FAIR - Tuesday 10 October 2017 - 12:00 to 15:00
- For law firms, conversion course providers and professional bodies
- Conveniently adjacent to the University of Edinburgh's Careers Fair
CAREERS FAIR - Friday 13 0ctober 2017 - 12:00 to 15:00
- For employers in the private, public and third sectors looking to promote their internships and graduate vacancies in a range of job functions/business areas
- Of interest to professional bodies
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY CAREERS FAIR - Wednesday 18 October 2017 - 11:00 to 14:00
- For private companies, research institutions and professional bodies interested in targeting students and researchers in the Faculty of Science
- Subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geography & SD, Earth & Environmental Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics, Medicine, Physics & Astronomy and Psychology & Neuroscience
2017 Costs (including VAT)
- Employers £440
- Universities £255
- Professional bodies £255
- Publishers £255
- Registered Charities £72
- Small-to-Medium Enterprises (SMEs) £255
Brunch for up to three people is included - additional meals can be purchased separately. Complimentary refreshments will be available throughout the day. Exhibitors are provided with a table and chairs in a standard exhibition area of around 3m x 3m.
Booking and Cancellations
Spaces are allocated on a 'first come, first served' basis. The University's Terms and Conditions in relation to cancellations apply.
We will do our utmost to meet the requirements of those exhibitors who request access to an electrical power point, but we cannot guarantee it. Exhibitors should provide their own extension cables, and all electrical equipment brought should be safety certified.
Delivery of Materials
Stands and boxes of materials scheduled to arrive on the day of the Fair should be delivered directly to the appropriate venue (see above) and clearly marked with the exhibitor name. Otherwise, and if in doubt about the date of arrival, please contact Pamela Small to arrange delivery to the Careers Centre (6 St Mary's Place, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9UY. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 01334 462688).
Couriers can obtain access from 08.30 hours. A copy of the floorplan will be available then or can be requested in advance from Pamela Small (email@example.com; 01334 462688). Student attendants will be on hand to help with reasonable carrying.
If you intend to leave your stand and/or materials to be collected by a courier after the Fair, please inform Pamela Small in advance.
Loading and unloading is possible at the venue entrances. Long-stay car parking is available a few minutes' walk away.
Please ensure that your organisation covers you and your colleagues for insurance purposes whilst at the Fair, since neither the Fair venue nor the University can accept liability for injury or loss to you, your equipment, or third parties.
Contact Pamela Small (firstname.lastname@example.org, 01334 462688)
What recent exhibitors said
- "The best fair I have visited - well-organised, very friendly, good lunch and refreshments and excellent proactive students."
- "I have attend many fairs over the years but this was the first time that I personally attended the St Andrews event. It was an excellent day, very well-organised."
- "Most students were well-prepared and had an idea of what they were interested in doing which meant that as an employer we could have meaningful discussions."
- "Would definitely recommend we continue to attend this event."