The Admissions Annual Photo Competition 2013
The Admissions Office is excited to announce the launch of the annual photo contest for current St Andrews staff and students.
This is your chance to share your experiences of life in St Andrews and you could win a fantastic prize if your submission is judged to best capture one of the themes outlined below. In addition, all photos submitted (winners and non-winners) may be used for publicity purposes in publications and on our webpages, giving you a fantastic opportunity to have your photos viewed by a worldwide audience! See last years' winners, which have all been used in publicity materials, below.
Who is the competition open to?
All current St Andrews staff and students including those who will graduate in June 2013.
We are looking for photographs of all aspects of student life in St Andrews. This includes but is not limited to photographs of university buildings and accommodation, the town, student traditions, events and activities, sports and anything else that you feel captures aspects of the student experience here at St Andrews.
Four prizes of £50 Amazon vouchers will be awarded for the best photographs and winners will be notified by e-mail after the closing date of Monday 29 July 2013.
Rules of Entry
- You must be a current member of staff or a student at the University of St Andrews (students graduating in 2013 are eligible to enter).
- By entering the contest you will be giving the Admissions Office permission to use your photographs for publicity purposes in publications including the undergraduate prospectus and on our webpages.
- Photographs must be original and have been taken by the entrant and should be appropriate for use by the University in marketing activities.
- Please avoid taking close-up photos of children (under 16) in any indoor or outdoor setting.
- Photographs of individuals (over 16) and groups of adults are acceptable but if you are doing a close up shot and they are the main subject of the photograph you must let them know that the photo may be used for publicity purposes, including the internet.
- A maximum of 10 (ten) photographs may be submitted per person.
- Photographs must be submitted to the competition as detailed below and by the published deadline.
Photographs must be submitted to the competition as detailed below and by the published deadline.
The deadline for submission of photographs is by 5pm on Monday 29 July 2013.
Entries will be judged by the Admissions Team and the winners will be notified by e-mail after the closing date.
How to enter
Entries to the Photo Competition should be uploaded onto the website.
Things to remember:
- Remember to include your name and correct email address so that we can contact you.
- Please identify anyone pictured in the photo and make sure you have their permission.
We look forward to seeing the creativity and originality in your photographs! Good luck!
Mathilde Johnsen - Walking Into Battle
Brian Kulik - Union
Henry Swisher - Trees on the Scores
Aaron Robotham - Secrets Revealed