+44 (0)1334 467035
McIntosh Hall was originally built as the Chattan hotel, and was acquired by the University in 1921. It stretches the full length of Abbotsford Crescent, and is centrally situated near the Students' Union and the main shopping area on Market Street.
It is well located for several Arts buildings in the centre of town, and only a short walk from the Science buildings on the North Haugh.
- Furnished bedrooms, with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities
- Communal facilities include a library with a computer room, study rooms, a common room, and two TV rooms with one containing a piano.
- Standard undergraduate contract (excludes Inter semester break when residents will have to vacate from 10am on 21 December 2013 and return 22 January 2014. First meal breakfast on 23 January) Spring vacation is on a self-catered basis.
- Single rooms: 103
- Shared rooms: 66
- 19 catered meals per week
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner is served on weekdays
- Breakfast and lunch on weekends
Residence fees 2012-2013
- Catered single: £5,603
- Catered shared: £5,051
Residence fees 2013-2014
- Catered single: £5,780
- Catered shared: £5,210
We are a small but friendly hall, with about 230 students, around a third of who are returning students. The majority of first year students live in a shared bedroom, although single rooms are also available to first years. Many rooms offer spectacular views of the Old Course and West Sands. All rooms have an internet and telephone connection. There are two study rooms and a computer room, offering plenty of study space. There are also two TV rooms and a large common room providing communal social areas. McIntosh is a catered hall and is renowned for the quality of its food.
One of the advantages of being a small hall is our strong community spirit. There is always a friendly face in McIntosh, and the Wardens, Residential Services Managers, Kitchen Staff and Porters work hard to ensure that McIntosh feels like home. The student committee in McIntosh is active and accessible, and arranges a variety of student-led social events throughout the year, including Hall Quizzes, inter-Hall sport, beach games and much more. The Wardens host cheese and wine evenings several times a semester, with guests from the academic staff regularly invited. The committee also represents any student concerns, and invites all McIntosh residents to join the McIntosh Hall facebook page for more details.
HMO Licence: F1456/11