Accommodation guaranteeThe University of St Andrews guarantees an offer of our accommodation to all UK/EU and overseas first year undergraduate students*, provided all the following conditions are met:
- You are coming to the University alone.
- You are studying for the full academic session.
- Your application is received by 30 June in the year of entry.
- You have met all the offer conditions and accepted your unconditional offer from the University/UCAS by 31 August in the year of entry.
- You have accepted your offer of accommodation within 10 days of the offer being sent to your email address.
If you are not covered by the guarantee, you are still welcome to apply in the usual way and we will try our best to accommodate you.
* Please note: In years of exceptionally high demand, we may ask students who live within a reasonable commuting distance to live at home until a room becomes available.
Whilst a limited amount of accommodation is available to returning undergraduate students, we cannot guarantee you a place within University accommodation after your first year.